Montana Health Code mandates that all children under the age of fourteen in the facility be supervised by an adult at all times. Adults who are supervising children must be at least eighteen years old.
History of the Facility
In 1948 the city of Helena began construction. After five years and spending roughly $130,000, Carson Construction finished the 50 meter pool. The original pool was a rectangle, 3 ft deep in the shallow end and 12 ft deep in the deep end. The pool had a high dive and a 3 ft springboard. The pool officially opened in 1953 with the Helena High football coach, Frank 'Bus' Williams, as the pool manager. The facility was named Memorial Park Pool.
In 1972 the pool went through a huge renovation costing $140,000 that improved the bathhouse, pump house, and added the diving well.
In 2009 $2.8 million was spent in renovating the existing pool and adding the waterpark features: splash deck, lazy river, slides, zero depth, and concessions stand. Given the new features at the facility, it was renamed (with the city commission's approval) Last Chance Splash Waterpark and Pool at Memorial Park.
* Know more and want to add it? We would LOVE to hear from you! Contact us by email or by phone at 406-447-8077.
What we have:
- 50 meter pool: 3 ft to 5 ft, eight lanes
- Diving Well (the tail of the 'L' of our 50 meter): 10 ft deep two diving boards & diving area
- Zero Depth Pool: Zero to three feet
- Lazy River: 4 ft deep (attached to zero depth)
- Catch Pool: 3 1/2 ft deep (attached to zero depth pool) the two slides dump into here
- Slides: Curly Slide (must be 48 inches tall to ride) Speed Slide (must be 60 inches tall to ride)
- Splash Deck: Features water guns, rainbow sprinklers, geysers, and more
Miner's Diner Concessions Stand
- Drinks (pop, slushies,hot chocolate and more)
- Food (soft pretzels, corn dogs, pizza, popcorn and more)
- Candy (Skittles, Snickers, Sour Patch Kids and more)
- Chips of all kinds.
- Ice Cream of all flavors.
- Family Changing Rooms
- Life jackets available upon request OR bring your own
Please make check payable to City of Helena